Caspar Wistar Fellows Program
Apply Today: Caspar Wistar Fellows Program at The Wistar Institute
The Caspar Wistar Fellows Program is recruiting exceptional, early-career, independent investigators poised to join the next generation of scientific leaders. This program is designed to provide exceptional autonomy and resources to recent Ph.D. or M.D. graduates with outstanding research records, who are prepared to take an accelerated path toward independence as principal investigators.
Program candidates must demonstrate superior research credentials, a particularly creative and innovative research plan, strong communication skills, and the motivation and demonstrated capacity to conduct independent research.
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field within five years of application deadline (degree receipt after October 31, 2013).
- Research must be related to the core research priorities of the Institute: cancer biology, immunology and/or infectious disease.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2018.
- Caspar Wistar Fellows will be appointed for a three-year term, with full salary and benefits, and the possibility of extending or being considered for promotion.
- Fellows will be part of the uniquely collegial, collaborative scientific environment of The Wistar Institute and will join Wistar programs dependent on their research area.
- Fellows will receive start-up funds to support their lab and hire a laboratory member.
- Fellows will have unfettered access to the exceptional shared resources at the Institute.
The Wistar Institute Vaccine & Immunotherapy Center and The Wistar Institute Cancer Center comprise a group of 35 exceptional faculty dedicated to fundamental and translational research in cancer biology, immunology, virology and genetics. Two Fellows will be recruited: one with a cancer focus that will join Wistar’s NCI-designated Cancer Center and one with a vaccine/immunology focus that will join Wistar’s Vaccine & Immunotherapy Center.
The search committees will be led by established Wistar program leaders who are ideally suited to recognize how well a prospective candidate fits within the overall Wistar mission and its specific programs. Interested candidates should apply below and are required to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a description of previous research (one page), a concise statement of research plans (up to two pages), reprints of four publications, and the names of three references to Maria Colelli at email@example.com.
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Apply online: wistar.org/CasparWistarFellows
It is the policy of The Wistar Institute to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on the basis of genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, with respect to all terms and conditions of employment.