(Contract) Research Associate, Mass Spectrometry
Moderna is looking for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with a strong analytical background, particularly with regard to biomolecules (mRNA, DNA, proteins/peptides, glycans, etc). The individual will be part of our Mass Spectrometry group and will focus on developing, optimizing, and running cutting edge LC/MS methods to characterize various biomolecules associated with the production and testing of mRNA therapeutics.
Relationship management with interdepartmental collaborators is a key aspect of this role, as is the ability to multitask while remaining organized. LC and/or mass spec experience is highly preferred. This role will be six months with possibility of extending.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Carry out routine and non-routine assays/analyses to support companywide analytical needs
- Analyze data, generate reports, and explain results to internal customers
- Help keep the lab running smoothly: Instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, reagent/parts supply chain, etc.
- Design experiments, implement, and interpret results
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table.
- BS or MS in chemistry, biology, or a related field
- At least two years of laboratory experience
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments
- Organization and attention to detail
- (preferred) Hands-on experience with CE, LC, and/or MS
- (preferred) Programming and/or automation experience
- (preferred) Familiarity with enzyme digestions
- (preferred) Familiarity with solid phase extraction
- (preferred) Experience with method development and optimization
- (preferred) Innovative problem solving
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.