Associate Director, Compensation
We are looking for an Associate Director of Compensation to join our Human Resources team, reporting into the Head, Total Rewards. The role will be a critical to supporting the growth of Moderna as we develop our pipeline. You will have responsibility for the design and implementation of Compensation, Equity and Recognition Programs that are critical to attracting and retaining our employees.
You will be a thought partner and advisor to the HR Business Partners and the leadership teams they support. You will embody our values and be curious in learning how the business creates value, collaborative in finding out what the best solutions may be, and bold in your recommendations to make sure they have the most impact for the business.
In return you will get to work in a Human Resources team that is changing the way we support our employees; one example is though our best in class benefits like our 16-week 100% paid family leave for all parents. We are a fast paced and growing company where you are encouraged to share your own motivations and aspirations to do your best work!
Here's What You'll Do:
- Provide compensation expertise and counsel to Management and HR Business Partners for assigned groups with respect to all compensation matters including salary management, compensation program administration and plan design, new hire and retention needs, and policies and procedures in support of strategic objectives.
- Understand the business and related specific market conditions. Build critical relationships and demonstrate ability to influence clients of all levels on compensation matters
- Manager our annual review and promotion process
- Evaluate our balance of base, bonus and equity to maintain market competitiveness and retention of our employees
- Further develop our career levels and job titles structure - work to see how these may drive training and compliance requirements
- Innovates to come up with new processes that maximize use of technology to support routine tasks e.g. promotion, comp changes, equity grants
- Educate managers and employees about compensation strategies and processes.
- Promote our recognition programs and increases utilization - build reporting capabilities to evaluate utilization
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Develops other policies around compensation e.g. Severance, shift pay, etc.
- Participate in projects in support of strategic objectives and global reward initiatives, partnering with management and global Human Resource Team to achieve results.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field.
- 8-12 years of progressively responsible experience in HR/Compensation.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Experience in the Pharma and Bio-Tech industry
- Preferred: Master's degree
- Preferred: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.