Co-Op, Drug Product Analytical Development
This position will work in the Drug Product Analytical Development (DPAD) group and be involved with characterizing and developing methodology to understand the physical and chemical properties of Moderna's Drug Product. Part of the project will be to use molecular biology techniques (qPCR, ELISA) to quantify different components of the Drug Product. Another part of the project will be using fluorescence spectroscopy, HPLC (multiple modes of chromatography), UV, DLS, and other techniques to characterize the Drug Product. Biology, Chemistry, and Biochemistry majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Develop novel analytical tools to probe the physical and chemical properties of lipid nanoparticles
- Optimize and prequalify analytical techniques to support early stage process development and formulation design
- Collaborate with internal groups in chemistry, formulations, delivery, drug substance analytical, and in vitro biology
- Communicate research and development findings internally on a regular basis and in a timely fashion
- Generate high quality documentation including electronic notebook entries, standard operating procedures, and technical memorandums
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled Junior or Senior with a minimum GPA of 3.4, majoring in biology, chemistry, or engineering (preferred)
- Previous co-op or internship experience (preferred)
- Basic laboratory skills and ability to quickly learn new techniques
- Fundamental understanding of molecular biology concepts and analytical instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, GC, CE, MS, UV)
- Ability to document laboratory work and manipulate data in software such as Excel and GraphPad
- Curious, eager, open to learning, and independent
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.