Co-Op, Delivery Sciences
This position will be in Delivery Sciences group and focused on developing novel analytical assays. The researcher will participate in nanoparticle formulation, apply state-of-the-art analytical techniques to characterize nanoparticles, and develop and optimize new assays in a highly interdisciplinary environment. There will also be opportunities to learn about other analytical tools. [Biophysics, Physical Chemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biochemistry and related] majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the execution of nanoparticle formulation preparations for in vitro and in vivo studies
- Characterize nanoparticle formulations in routine and non-routine environments
- Contribute to analytical assay development and assay robustness testing
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Currently Enrolled Junior or Senior
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.