Postdoctoral Training Slots Available
Postdoctoral Training Slots Available in a Unique NIH-Funded Program Designed to Advance the Research and Academic Careers of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Scholars
The Rochester Postdoctoral Partnership program is funded by the NIH IRACDA program. It is a unique mentored postdoctoral training program that combines research training at the University of Rochester (UR) with instruction in critical academic skills, including experiential training in teaching at our partner institution, the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) and other Colleges at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) with the goal to diversify the nation’s workforce by including Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Scientists.
Positions are available for both deaf/hard-of-hearing (D/HH) applicants AND for hearing applicants, who are committed to furthering opportunities for D/HH scientists.
ELIGIBILITY (Several positions available; open application)
- Requires PhD or equivalent in the biomedical or behavioral sciences
- Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing postdocs
- Hearing postdocs skilled in ASL and/or substantial experience working with the Deaf Community
- Applicants may have up to 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Positions are funded for up to 3 years with yearly reappointment subject to annual review (salary commensurate with experience).
- At the time of appointment, all trainees must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (this is a requirement of the NIH IRACDA program)
TO APPLY, GO TO:
and select "How to Apply"
For more information, please contact Melissa Suter (Melissa_Suter@urmc.rochester.edu)
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION: The University of Rochester (UR) ranks among the top research universities in the country. The UR and RIT have a demonstrated history of partnering to advance the opportunities for D/HH scientists, and an unparalleled spectrum of resources for D/HH individuals including NTID at RIT and at the UR, the Deaf Wellness Center and the National Center for Deaf Health Research (NCDHR). UR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply for Postdoctoral Training Slots Available
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly