DGIST invites applicants for full-time faculty positions
DGIST (Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology) invites applicants for full-time, tenure track faculty positions.
DGIST is a growing institute dedicated to science and technology research and education in South Korea, where competent faculty, researchers and students seek to discover new and creative convergence knowledge and technologies. Founded by the Korean government, DGIST opened its graduate and undergraduate school in 2011 and 2014, respectively, and has been offering Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degree programs, continually diversifying its programs in the field of science and engineering. The number of students has been rapidly growing and it is expected to have more than 2,000 students by 2020. DGIST is pursuing international recognition with its innovative education system and many scientific luminaries hosted over the years.
Candidates should hold a Ph.D., and have a potential to be at world-leading position in both teaching and research. Salary, rank, and other compensations are commensurate with qualifications and experiences. Priority will be given to the applicants who have developed strong research career in the following fields.
Emerging Materials Science
• Condensed matter physics and related areas (including materials physics, optical physics, bio-physics)
• Chemistry and related areas (organic, inorganic, physical, bio-chemistry)
• Electrical, optical, and bio-medical materials and devices
Information and Communication Engineering
All areas of electrical engineering, computer science, and computer engineering
All related areas to rehabilitation robot, surgical robot, biomedical engineering, mechatronics and general robotics:
• Control, mechanism design, actuator, haptics, autonomous system.
• MEMS, nano technology, microrobot, neural engineering, bio-inspired system
• Software design, signal processing, computer vision, medical imaging, image-guided surgery, remote surgery
• Soft robotics, human-robot interaction, brain-machine interface, walking assistance, personal mobility
• Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, motion planning
• Electronic system: sensor, wearable device
Energy Science and Engineering
All areas of chemistry, physics, materials science, and chemical engineering related to energy conversion, storage, and saving, such as
• Design, synthesis, fabrication and modeling of materials and devices
• Characterization of structure, properties and functions
• Characterization of processes and dynamics
• Integration into energy-harvesting or low–energy- consumption devices
Brain and Cognitive Sciences
• Neurodegeneration and metabolism
• Sensory biology and circadian rhythm
• Synapse neuroscience
• Neural circuits and behaviors
• Computational neuroscience, biophysics and quantum biology
• High-level cognitive neuroscience
• Other disciplines in brain and cognitive sciences
• Non-bio major faculty candidates*
Any of following areas with a potential relevance to biological problems (physics including quantum physics, chemistry, mathematics, computation, engineering, and other areas)
• Translational track faculties
Any research area regarding translational research and development in bio-related solutions toward medical, food, environmental, and energy problems. We seek scientists who will contribute the humanity with a high social, economic, and/or cultural impact.
• Plant and animal phenomics**
• Biological areas tackling highly challenging issues like aging biology, systems biology and medicine, mesoscale biology, complex biology, bio-energy, chemical biology, RNA biology/biochemistry, Cryo-EM, and bioengineering
* The candidates do not necessarily have to have biological expertise
**Plant and animal phenomics
Imaging-and/or computation-based analysis for development and physiology of plants or animals/human
Application of phenomics for plant production or animal/human disease diagnosis
Engineering of phenome facilities/non-invasive phenotyping for plants or animals/human.
Interested candidates should submit an application (form available at the recruitment website) with five professional references (e.g. thesis) electronically at our faculty recruitment page (http://faculty.dgist.ac.kr).
Application Information :
If you have any questions, please contact to the recruitment manager at below contacts.
Tel : +82 (53) 785-5114, 5110
Fax : +82 (53) 785-5119
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All positions will remain open until filled. For more information of DGIST, please visit our website at http://www.dgist.ac.kr