(Contract) Research Associate, Manufacturing Science & Technology
The contract Research Associate in Manufacturing Science & Technology (MS&T) will support pre-clinical operations through failure management, production troubleshooting, and custom production. This position will require both independent and collaborative work across operating and development teams to produce high quality DNA and mRNA. The successful candidate must demonstrate the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly motivated team. This role will be for six months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Synthesize, troubleshoot, and design plasmid DNA
- Synthesize and troubleshoot mRNA to meet the needs of our scientists
- Resolve DNA and RNA failures using both standard and non-standard techniques
- Update and write standard operating procedure (SOPs) associated with RNA and DNA production as needed
- Document processing of custom and failure resolution orders
- Assist production as needed to meet throughput requirements
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna safety procedures and guidelines
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS in Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 1-2 years of industry experience
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills (oral and written)
- Basic knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and molecular biology techniques
- Highly organized with drive and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to quickly master new scientific techniques and concepts
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.