CHEMICAL ENGINEERING PROFESSOR – TRANSMEDTECH CHAIR IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Polytechnique Montréal is one of Canada’s leading engineering schools and the largest in Québec in terms of its student population and the scope of its research activities, with greater than 8000 students and 1000 employees. Polytechnique Montréal is seeking applicants for a professor position in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
The Department of Chemical Engineering at Polytechnique Montréal currently employs 24 professors and carries out cutting-edge research, in close collaboration with industry, in the following areas: 1) biotechnology, 2) energy, 3) environment, life cycle analysis and sustainable development, 4) high-performance polymers and biomaterials, 5) process and reactor engineering, and 6) tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. For more information about our activities, visit our website at www.polymtl.ca/gch.
The successful applicant is expected to excel in this position with a dynamic and creative approach. In particular, the new professor will:
- take part in teaching activities at both the chemical and biomedical engineering undergraduate and graduate levels;
- demonstrate excellent research skills to initiate and carry out high-impact projects in his field of expertise;
- supervise graduate students;
- develop and maintain collaborations with research teams within the various engineering departments of Polytechnique Montréal and with industrial partners;
- contribute to building the reputation of Polytechnique Montréal in Quebec, Canada and abroad.
Due to this position’s particular affiliation, the applicant’s research program must be in line with the research activities of the Department of Chemical Engineering and the TransMedTech Institute.
Area of expertise
The Department is seeking a professor who will contribute to its research strengths and whose background includes teaching chemical engineering curriculum courses, as well as graduate courses in his field of expertise. Applicants must have expertise in at least one of the following areas (in alphabetical order):
- Gene Therapy
- Regenerative Medicine
- Tissue Engineering
or in any other area of biomedical engineering relevant to the Chemical Engineering Department's processes development activities and which is in line with TransMedTech's operations.
Winter 2019 or as soon as the candidate becomes available.
All applicants must have a multidisciplinary background and experience in engineering and bioscience, as well as a Ph.D. in a field of application of technologies to biological systems.
The successful applicant must be a member of a recognized professional order (OIQ in Quebec) or demonstrate that he can become one before the end of his probation period. Applicants must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills. The working language is French.
Conditions of employment
This faculty position is tenure-track. Salary and benefits will be set in accordance with the collective agreement between Polytechnique Montréal and its professors.
Applicants are asked to submit a complete package including:
- a detailed curriculum vitæ;
- a description of their expertise;
- a description of their teaching and training objectives;
- a description of their research objectives and research program;
- the name and address of three references;
- a copy of their university diplomas;
- examples of work relevant to the position and three recent scientific contributions;
- evaluations of teaching experience if applicable.
The application file must be received no later than November 20th, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. by:
Professor Louis Fradette ing., Ph.D.
Department of Chemical Engineering
P.O. Box 6079, Downtown Station
Montréal, Québec H3C 3A7
The review of applications will begin as soon as possible and will continue until the position is filled.
The masculine may be used without discrimination and solely for the sake of conciseness.
Polytechnique Montréal applies an employment equity program and encourages women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodation can be provided to persons with disabilities based on their characteristics.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, in accordance with immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.