Medical Science Liaison, Diabetes - Denver
Scientific Experts (SEs) have special needs for in-depth and cutting edge information, because these health care professionals design and implement novel research and educate colleagues and students. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) program is specifically designed to meet these needs through a field-based group of medical professionals with deep content knowledge about Lilly and competitor products and current issues in the therapeutic areas they represent - diabetes and related cardiovascular disease. The MSL also gathers feedback and insights from SEs, to better inform Lilly's research and potentially influence overall strategic direction of the company. By providing answers that matter and facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the academic community, the MSL's have the opportunity to craft the future of healthcare with needed information that addresses meaningful clinical and scientific questions.
You will spend between 70-80% of your time committed to strengthening relationships and interfacing with external clients -SEs/educators/investigators- within the Denver geography including all of Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, and Utah. The MSL will serve as the major representative of Lilly for these health care professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the SE when it aligns with Lilly's mission. An important aspect of this work will be to connect the SE with other Lilly resources (e.g., Outcomes Research, Discovery, Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians, Clinical Development Consultants) whenever appropriate. In this role, you will be the primary point person liaising between Lilly resources or internal business partners (e.g., Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Corporate Medical teams). They will also report clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they have received from external SEs to the medical and brand teams.
The MSL will be required to maintain their technical expertise within diabetes and related cardiovascular disease to engage in deep scientific discussions with SEs. The MSL will be expected to engage in continuous learning within diabetes and related cardiovascular disease. They will attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches, and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant. As a result, the MSL will establish themselves as a reliable, trusted, resource of accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their clients. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides and other teaching-related material.
The MSL job entails not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs. These activities may include proficiency in computer skills and database entry (VEEVA, LillyNet, Microsoft Office, Ovid, TL360), continual compliance of all procedural requirements of the role (i.e. good documentation practices, standards and procedures,) and appropriate utilization and standard methodology sharing of available resources.Company Overview
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D. in a medically related field) required with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic area experience desired. Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (RN, RPh, PA, Certified Diabetes Educator, NP, etc.) considered if 5 or more years clinical and/or medical information experience in relevant therapeutic area is present.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- The position is field-based 70% required travel (car and plane) to manage assigned geography. Applicants should have access to the Denver airport and live within the Denver area. Ability to use field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of the job is critical.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status