Are you seeking an opportunity to work on cross-functional teams that will make the lives of patients and their loved ones better? Do you have experience soliciting user needs and wants for medical products using an iterative method for user feedback? Does turning what people say or do into actionable design solutions excite you?
In 1992, Eli Lilly and Company established the Delivery, Device, and Connected Solutions (DDCS) business for the purpose of creating, developing, launching and continuously improving proprietary delivery device systems. This business is unique to the broader Lilly Research Labs organization due to its focus on patient centered delivery system solutions, its innovative approach to delivery platforms utilizing both internal and external technologies, and its level of integration with the commercial groups and Business Units. This business enables almost $4.0 billion in pharmaceutical sales and is projected to double in the next 6 years.
We are seeking a Usability Specialist to lead the collection of user feedback for our DDCS portfolios. You will be accountable for the planning and conduct during the innovation stages of development and may contribute to the execution of usability studies throughout the product development lifecycle. Are you an individual with demonstated team leadership, who is capable of influnencing cross functionally, that can adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and be passionate about the value of usability and user research? We have the role for you. You will also have responsibility for:
- Testing and documenting design/user research methods.
- Facilitating the development and execution of user feedback methods including, but not limited to, moderation, test planning, moderation guide development, data analysis, and report creation.
- Development of evaluation plans/protocols, presentations, and reports, and communicating the results to project and leadership teams.
- Keep abreast of all regulations and requirements relevant to the evaluation of human subjects and anticipate for the future.
- Confirm the value of user feedback is well understood and supported across product teams by networking with marketing, market research, human factors, UCD design, engineering, medical, and any other groups impacted by or participating in the evaluations.
- Ensure third party vendors have appropriate capabilities and capacity and are utilized by teams appropriately.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of experience in moderating user research, focus groups, usability tests, or equivalent methods
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Excellent written and verbal communications and documentation of plans/protocols and reports;
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage change/demonstrates intellectual agility
- Proven experience in conducting behavioral research, usability evaluations, or market research
- Familiarity with human factors regulatory guidance, consensus standards and industry best practices
- Experience developing timelines, resourcing plans, and budgets for user research
- Experience in medical device/combination product development
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. Here are a few of the recognitions Lilly has earned for creating an outstanding work environment:
- Business Week magazine 50 Best Places to Launch a Career
- Black Enterprise 2018 list of 50 Best Companies for Diversity
- FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities
- Human Right Campaign Corporate Equality Index - 100% score
Location is the Cambridge Innovation Center-Cambridge, MA
US and OUS travel, usually 10-15% but up to ~30% at times.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.