Postdoctoral Scientist-Assay Development FDE
The Bioproduct Research and Development organization (BRD) strives to deliver creative medicines to patients through the development and commercialization of insulins, monoclonal antibodies, novel therapeutic proteins, and peptides. This organization is a multidisciplinary group that works collaboratively with our discovery and manufacturing colleagues. Located in Indianapolis, scientists have full access to our scientific excellence and engineering capabilities.
- Design and develop cloning strategies for immune related genes.
- Ability to design, execute and interpret complex immunology based experiments.
- Contribute to the general scientific community through external publications
- Keep abreast of relevant scientific literature/new technologies/capabilities
- Provide internal/external influence.
- Ensure work and team activities are aligned with all relevant Development Quality and safety requirements
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Ph.D. in immunology, molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, or related field
- Expertise in immunology, T-cell, B-cell, antigen-presentation, TCR biology
- General knowledge in molecular and cellular biology tools such as PCR-cloning, transfections, transductions, lentivirus, cell-line cloning, FACS analysis and sorting
- Problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstration of scientific and people leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status