Assistant Professor of Biology
Assistant Professor of Biology
Southern New Hampshire University's traditional campus invites applicants for a position at the Assistant Professor level in the fast-growing and energetic Science Department. This position will support the growth of our new B.S. in Biology program. The selected candidate will teach courses in General Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, and Genetics, plus associated labs. There are also opportunities to engage with students and faculty across the university, including the College of Engineering, Technology, and Aeronautics (CETA). The successful candidate will demonstrate an excitement for biology and a passion for teaching undergraduates, as well as for pursuing scholarly endeavors. A PhD in Biology or a related field is required. Our department, as well as the University, is committed to continuing to build a more diverse academic community that aptly reflects the shifting demographics within our student body.
Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, SNHU is in the heart of New England. Within an hour of Manchester, you will find the beaches of the New England seacoast, the boating of the New Hampshire Lakes Region, the hiking and skiing of the White Mountains, and the culture of Boston, Massachusetts.
- PhD in Biology or a related field is required at the time of hire.
- Must have 1+ years teaching experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates whose background is in health science, genetics, immunology, and related fields.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Your application packet must include a cover letter, a CV, a statement of Teaching Philosophy, and a document containing the names and contact information for three reference letter writers. Letters of reference will be solicited as needed. A background check is required for employment.
- Create a Workday account (or login to your existing account)
- Quick Apply: this feature is optional and if used will auto-populate the Work History and Education fields of the application with information from your CV/Resume. If you do not wish to use Quick Apply, there is another place for you to upload your documents. If you utilize Quick Apply, please upload all of your documents at this stage
- Fill out the required fields of the application, noted with an asterisk
- If you did not use the Quick Apply feature, you can upload all documents in the drop box field labeled as Resume/CV - Please upload a Cover Letter, CV/Resume, a statement of Teaching Philosophy, and a document containing the names and contact information for three reference letter writers
- Complete the remaining required application questions and submit your application to be considered
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We're proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off.