Sr./Research Associate, In Vitro Biology
An opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated cell/molecular biologist is available to join Moderna, based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual will join the In Vitro Biology department to support core testing of novel drug product formulations in newly identified cell models and support advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline. Applicants will utilize a wide range of biochemical/molecular and cell biology techniques to investigate cellular uptake and distribution of mRNA and proteins in in vitro models using quantitative microscopy. Applicants should be able to function in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment and should be great team members.
Here's What You'll Do:
Specific projects will involve collaborative interactions in a multidisciplinary group and across diverse biology areas that require testing the behavior of novel formulation of Moderna's drug products in a relevant cell model. This is a basic research position that requires critical thinking, flexibility, multitasking, and especially the ability to learn new techniques while developing new assays.
- Experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques such as basic cloning, PCR, and mammalian cell transfections are strongly preferred.
- Performance of cell based assays to evaluate novel delivery vectors in mammalian cells by microscopy, ELISA, and Western blotting to examine protein expression, cellular differentiation, proliferation, survival, death and adhesion using standard assay formats.
- General laboratory assistance including ordering and receiving of lab supplies, preparation of reagents, and lab equipment maintenance.
- Analyze, interpret and present data to internal parties.
- Accountable for project success and results delivery.
- Closely collaborate with other members within the In Vitro Biology department and broadly with departments throughout the company.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/MS with 0-5 years of industry experience (Biochemistry/Biophysics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related science), developing and performing cellular and biochemical assays.
- Demonstrated application of mammalian molecular biology, cell culture and associated techniques
- Experience in quantitative confocal fluorescence imaging and/or single molecule TIRF microscopy is prefered.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.