Senior Scientist , Protein Engineering & Diversity, R&T, Bangalore I
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering & Diversity, R&T, Bangalore INDIA
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop new enzymes for a more sustainable world, in a state of art of protein engineering lab, come join us. You will be a part of a global team, working at the cutting edge of protein science, in a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment, which encourages, scientific curiosity, risk taking and learning, data-based decision making, strong leadership behaviors, and a good work-life balance for a healthy innovation-based culture.
We are seeking innovative and highly skilled Senior Scientists to join Novozymes India R&D organization, to support development of next generation enzymes for various industries, such as Household care, Food, Feed, Agriculture, and other applications. This position is based in Novozymes’ state of the art laboratory in Bangalore, India, with strong cross-functional collaboration linkages to other Novozymes global sites in Europe and US. The positions require to develop innovative new protocols and processes to deliver products to our customers more efficiently and effectively. These positions will entail strong hands on technical skills at the bench and in computational and data-based approaches. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess challenging the status quo and thinking out of the box mindset, towards developing innovative solutions in industrial biotechnology.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop protein engineering strategies (design and diversity generation) to improve enzyme properties for desired applications, including both random and rational based approaches
- Leading hypothesis-based scientific investigations towards identifying sequence à structure à function relationships to predict enzyme performance in an industrial setting
- Drive development of new diversity / design competencies leveraging computational modelling, data analytics, and machine learning
- Leading projects across different Novozymes R&D departments, internally and globally, from concept to delivery of the new molecule for further development
- Identify and Support IP generation and filings
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Molecular Biology with relevant 8+ years of experience (industry or academia) in protein engineering, structure-function understanding, enzymology, HTS, assay development/ screening, protein biophysical characterisation, enzyme kinetics, and molecular biology.
- Experience in project management and stage gate process would be ideal.
- People management skills are highly desired
- Statistical data analysis, computations modelling, and data analytics is highly desired
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively and meet timelines successfully with the utmost attention to detail, setting high performance standards.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com