4 Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships
The International Postdoc Initiative (IPODI) is part of the gender equality strategy of the Technische Universität Berlin and aims to increase the number of female researchers in leadership positions. The IPODI fellowship program is open to outstanding female researchers of all nationalities and from all fields of research represented at TU Berlin. IPODI fellows will find excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties of TU Berlin.
IPODI fellows will receive:
- a two-year employment contract with a salary according to salary group E13 of TVL, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage,
- a monthly contribution to research costs, and
- the opportunity for professional training in transferable skills and research management.
Conditions for application:
- Applicants must have not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree, in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible.
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the application deadline.
- The research proposal has to be supported by a cooperating professor of TU Berlin.
Required documents include:
- an innovative and independent research proposal and a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved,
- a letter of motivation detailing career perspectives and motivation to apply for IPODI,
- a completed ethical issues table,
- a letter of support of a cooperating professor of TU Berlin, and
- two external letters of reference.
Researchers returning from periods of international mobility (research outside Germany), mobility between sectors (working in the private sector) or non-academic mobility (e.g. after parental leave) are especially encouraged to apply.
The current call for applications offers four fellowship positions. Application deadline is December 14, 2018.
Applications have to be submitted in English via the IPODI application portal. For further information see www.ipodi.tu-berlin.de or contact the IPODI office (Dr. Stefanie Schäfer, firstname.lastname@example.org).