Sr. Corporate Paralegal
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to be an important part of a growing legal team. The Senior Corporate Paralegal will be primarily responsible for establishing processes to manage and maintain ongoing support of Moderna's stock and equity plan transactions, including mandatory reporting obligations under the securities laws. This role reports to the Senior Corporate Counsel and is based in Cambridge, MA.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Prepare and file certain SEC and other public company documents, particularly Forms 3, 4, and 5 pursuant to Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act.
- Work with Moderna's transfer agent and exclusive broker to administer equity plan transactions, including preclearance procedures, trading restrictions, and 10b5-1 plan execution.
- Assist with Nasdaq and other compliance activities.
- Assist with due diligence and related support on corporate financing transactions, including data room management.
- Perform other duties as required.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience, with at least 10+ years of in-house corporate paralegal experience at a public company handling: securities disclosure and reporting, including preparing and filing Forms 3, 4 and 5; administration of equity plan transactions, including preclearance procedures, trading restrictions, and 10b5-1 plan execution; and organization and management of corporate governance documents.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to quickly assess business challenges, make timely, pragmatic recommendations under pressure and identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and independently.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to build and scale programs and lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple matters concurrently.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision, and establish priorities.
- A commitment to quality, integrity, and respect and the ability to maintain a good sense of humor.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.