Co-Op, Delivery Sciences
This position will work in the Delivery Sciences department and be involved with development and characterization of novel polymeric and/or lipid nanoparticle formulations for delivery of mRNA. The position is primarily laboratory-based and offers the opportunity to learn and develop a wide range of skills and techniques. Students majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or a related field are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Generate and purify novel nanoparticle formulations for delivery of mRNA
- Characterize formulations using a range of analytical techniques, including dynamic light scattering, zeta potential, and HPLC
- Execute lab experiments both independently and as part of a team
- Document work and maintain a thorough, high-quality lab notebook
- Participate in group and project team meetings
- Prepare and deliver a final presentation to summarize your research experience
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Currently Enrolled Junior or Senior
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent
- Flexible, self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous laboratory experience and general wet lab skills (e.g. pipetting, weighing) preferred
- Experience with nucleic acid delivery and/or nanoparticle-based delivery strategies is a plus
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.