VP for Research, Regenstrief Institute
Indiana University School of Medicine and the Regenstrief Institute seek a visionary academic leader to serve as the Vice President of Research Programs and Initiatives.
Regenstrief Institute is a dynamic, people-centered research organization passionate about a mission to connect and innovate for better health. We envision a world where better information empowers people to end disease and realize true health, and we pursue this vision through research and development. Our talented and dedicated staff support an award-winning body of faculty investigators from the Indiana University School of Medicine, who work within our three research centers, the Center for Health Services Research, the Center for Biomedical Informatics, and the IU Center for Aging Research. Within and across these centers we seek to find ways to integrate research discovery, technological advances, and systems improvement into the practice of medicine. To learn more, visit https://www.regenstrief.org.
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of the Institute’s research strategy in consultation with the President & CEO
- Lead the innovation fund for internal research
- Foster research collaboration with the other Schools of the University and the Research Centers of the Institute
- Promote the generation of research income across the Institute in advancement of the Institute's research strategy
Ample resources for research and collaboration, including:
- The IU Simon Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)- designated cancer center in the state of Indiana. This designation recognizes centers around the country that meet rigorous criteria for world-class, state-of- the-art programs in multidisciplinary research. The IU Simon Cancer Center puts significant resources into developing research programs, faculty and facilities that will lead to better approaches to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- IU School of Medicine’s Precision Health Initiative, a $120 million investment to place Indiana University at the cutting edge of healthcare
- Indiana CTSI, which fosters collaborations with researchers at Notre Dame and Purdue Universities
If you'd like to explore all of our research centers, please visit https://medicine.iu.edu/research/centers-institutes/.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent
- Established leadership credentials and novel research
Indianapolis is the 14th largest city in the United States and is growing and thriving economically thanks to a strong corporate base anchored by the life sciences. Indiana is home to one of the largest concentrations of health sciences companies in the nation, which supply over $44 billion annually to the local economy. Our dynamic downtown is a bustling commercial center, entertainment destination and residential neighborhood. The growing residential base is supported by rich amenities and quality of life – the city possesses a variety of professional sports, arts venues and outdoor recreation areas. For additional information on life in Indy, visit https://www.nomeancity.com// or http://medicine.iupui.edu/AboutIndy/.
To learn more about this opportunity or apply, visit http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/6463. Please include (1) a short letter of interest noting key research interests and (2) a curriculum vitae.
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer committed to building a building a diverse learning environment and on supporting the professional development of ethnic minorities, women, and people with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.