Sr. Manager, Environmental, Health and Safety
Reporting to the Associate Director Facilities, this person will be responsible for the environmental, health and safety (EHS)of all operations at Moderna's Cambridge campus, and implementing a sustainable safety culture.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Develops, implements and monitors EHS program to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Develops and implements a safety culture program to integrate EHS as part of day-to-day operations.
- Implements robust site processes to ensure cradle to grave management of hazardous materials used on site; including procurement, receipt, management inventory, use, transport and disposal.
- Manages waste management program and vendors relationship
- Guides site leadership in formulating and executing company practices as they relate to EHS and security performance.
- Works closely with staff to promote safe research and development practices, procedures, and proper use of containment equipment and facilities.
- Supervises EHS program management through contract organizations.
- Assists in securing and renewing EHS permits from regulatory agencies.
- Serves as EHS Team facilitator and manages emergency response operations.
- Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Performs accident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
- Serves as an active participant with construction projects and/or equipment/infrastructure changes
- Identifies, implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Manages life safety, fire and property risk management programs.
- Develops, implements and maintains compliance to EHS training programs.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency action plans and response capabilities.
- Maintains availability to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Serves as a point of contact for all EHS inspections.
- Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in an EHS-related discipline, such as engineering, physical science, or biological science/chemistry with 10+ years of professional experience required in EHS programs, with at least four of those in a management role; MS with 8+ years.
- Experience leading chemical, biological and radiological safety programs in a research and development environment.
- Familiarity with regulations and EHS practices pertaining to vivarium operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS permitting and regulations related to OSHA, USEPA, DOT, MADEP.
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS compliance reporting.
- Specific experience in hazardous waste management or other professional EHS trainings or certifications a plus.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
- Ability to represent Moderna's interests, objectives and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.