Assistant Professor, Biochemistry
The University of Denver is a medium-size (12,000 students) private university located in a thriving metropolis at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry BA, BS, MS, and PhD programs and research that focuses on biochemistry/biophysics, organic synthesis, and Environmental Analytical Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry seeks outstanding applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning September 1, 2019 with research interests that encompass the molecular basis for aging and age-related diseases.
- The successful candidate is expected to establish an extramurally-funded research program that augments the research directions at the University of Denver’s Knoebel Institute for Healthy Aging.
- Expectations include the teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses in chemistry and biochemistry.
- PhD and post-doctoral experience in biochemistry or chemistry.
- Demonstrated potential for leadership in their field including a record of high-impact research accomplishments.
- We are especially interested in applicants who have a demonstrated commitment to or experience incorporating inclusive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Occasional weekends/evenings depending on class & research schedule.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) November 26, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- One page statement of teaching philosophy
- Five page summary of research interest
- Names of three references
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.