Assistant Professor - Field of Neural Network Plasticity & Integrative Neuroscience
The Department of Stomatology of the Faculty of Dental Medicine of Université de Montréal invites applications for an assistant professor in the field of neural network plasticity and integrative neuroscience. The ideal candidate will combine electrophysiology and molecular approaches and/or viral vectors, with novel optical techniques or high-resolution structural imaging, to explore cellular functions or neuronal networks in vitro and/or in vivo, associated for instance with orofacial neurophysiology or chronic pain.
Taking advantage of a partnership established with the Faculty of Medicine and support from the CNS Research Group, the candidate will hold a secondary appointment at the Department of Neuroscience of the Faculty of Medicine, and will integrate a dynamic group of researchers active in the fields of neural network plasticity and learning with strong expertise in cell mechanisms of memory, neuron-glia interactions, and motor control, investigated in normal and pathological systems.
- Teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Supervision of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Establishing and pursuing a dynamic and competitive research program of international caliber
- Submitting research grant applications to major funding organizations
- Contributing to the academic life and administration of both departments
- National and international visibility in the professional and scientific community
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in Neuroscience or in a related
- Postdoctoral fellowship must be completed by the date of entry in function
- expertise in the fields of neuroplasticity and integrative neuroscience, with a strong experience in cell biology and structural imaging
- Demonstrated interest in the study of the molecular mechanisms of normal cell functions and disease states; applicability of the research program to the areas of orofacial neurophysiology or chronic pain will be considered an asset
- The language of instruction at the Université de Montréal is French; the selected candidate must be sufficiently proficient in spoken and written French, or be determined to become proficient within the first three years and according to the linguistic policy of the University
Informations on the position
Posting No: FMD 09-18 / 2
Application deadline: November 30, 2018
Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries coupled with an advantageous package of fringe benefits
Start Date: On or around March 1st, 2019
Interested candidates must send a letter of interest, complete CV, a detailed research plan, as well as three letters of support to be submitted separately by the referees, preferably in electronic format to:
Dr. Antonio Nanci, Chair
Department of Stomatology
Faculty of Dental Medicine
Université de Montréal
P.O. Box 6128, Succ. Centre-ville
Montreal (Quebec) H3C 3J7 Canada
The Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy [http://www.direction.umontreal.ca/secgen/recueil/politique_linguistique.html], the Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
The Université de Montréal application process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to all documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Employment Equity Program
The Université de Montréal upholds the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from women, ethnic and visible minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities. Applicants who belong to one of these groups are asked to complete the employment equity identification questionnaire posted at http://www.drh.umontreal.ca/documents/bpe/bpe_paee/formulaire_PAEE_bpe.pdf , and attach it to their application.
In compliance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Apply for Assistant Professor - Field of Neural Network Plasticity & Integrative Neuroscience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly