Co-op, New Venture Labs
This position will work in the New Venture Lab (NVL) and be involved with assisting in the development of therapeutic antibody to support NVL platform and the advancement of Moderna's mRNA pipeline. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioengineering-related majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Work closely with scientists having extensive molecular and immune biology experience.
- Identify and develop potential therapeutic candidate molecules that can be encoded into mRNA therapeutics for use in animal models and humans.
- Learn and execute our B-cell platform for therapeutic antibody discovery. This will include both development of a practical as well as theoretical understanding of the platform
- Evaluate molecules generated from the various therapeutic protein platforms using program specific assays including ELISAs, Octet, FACS and/or cell based functional assays to understand their intrinsic affinities and functional activities and target epitope on the native protein
- In part, be responsible for the transfection and maintenance of cell cultures using sterile techniques.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Currently Enrolled Junior or Senior
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
- Molecular Biology (DNA manipulation such as PCR, cloning etc.)
- Cell Biology (mammalian cell culture, gene transfection and expression)
- Small scale protein purification and characterization:
- SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blot, and biosensor (Octet, Biacore) assays
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.