Manufacturing Lead (2nd Shift)
Moderna is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Associate to join our team at our state of the art clinical manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA. The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing high quality plasmid, mRNA and LNP Manufacturing for Preclinical Production to support Moderna's drug discovery pipeline. The individual in this role will be responsible for production of product using custom automation, Hamilton liquid Handlers, HighRes systems, and chromatography solutions. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team. They must have training in chromatography (UPLC/HPLC), liquid handlers, basic molecular biology techniques, and ability to work with custom automation. The candidate will also be responsible for collaborating with cross functional groups such as Manufacturing Science & Technology, Integrated Robotics, Informatics Systems and Quality. Second shift hours are 2:30pm-10:30pm.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Produce preclinical orders using automated equipment, including HPLC-based chromatography solutions.
- Conduct in-process quality control assays to ensure product is within specifications.
- On-the-floor leadership and execution of daily unit operations.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior manufacturing associates.
- Help establish daily unit operations schedule that includes people, product, and material flow.
- Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions, and of process data.
- Monitor process operations to ensure daily TAT and failure rate goals are met.
- Subject matter expert on process and equipment, assisting in the investigation.
- Primary point of contact to assist associates in troubleshooting of bioprocessing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits and comply to Moderna's safety procedures and guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency.
- Strict adherence to standard operating procedures and quality documentation.
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication in order to facilitate and maximize performance.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced biotechnology manufacturing environment, supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of liquid handlers (Hamilton preferred) and other high throughput automated systems.
- Hands on experience with chromatography systems including Gilson, Waters and AKTA.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making.
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why Join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.