Postdoctoral Research Associate
The University of Illinois Cancer Center and the Department of Pediatrics are seeking a highly motivated candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral Research Associate. This position provides research services in the field of lung cancer and hypoxia signaling. The candidate will conduct research activities under supervision of the Principal Investigators (Dr. Guofei Zhou and Dr. Robert A. Winn) using current molecular/cellular biology techniques and animal models of lung cancer. Prior experience with small animals and/or metabolism is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators, investigators, key personnel and researchers to manage, coordinate and process all components of research grants/projects.
- Design and conduct experiments
- Collect, analyze and interpret data
- Write abstracts, manuscripts for publication.
- Present results in national/international conferences
- Advise students and medical fellows
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- PhD/Doctorate degree in biological, bio-chemical, or similar field. Applicants must be within the first five years of receiving their PhD/Doctorate to be eligible for this position.
- 1-3 years of related experience in conducting research experiments, using expertise broadly relevant to the field, including cell biology, protein analysis, tissue culture, bioluminescence assays, RT-PCR, imaging, animal models of human diseases, histology.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; for fullest consideration, submit cover letter, list of three references, and CV to Dr. Guofei Zhou at email@example.com by 12/1/2018.
Apply by 12/01/2018: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=103743
he University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.