Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
Moderna is seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to support the development and execution of the company's communications strategy and to help increase visibility for its science, pipeline, and overall leadership in the development of potential mRNA medicines for patients. This individual will work within the Corporate Affairs team and engage directly with other business, science and technology leaders throughout the organization - in addition to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders. We are seeking a candidate who is ready for the next step in their career, can thrive in a fast-paced and highly-creative environment, while also being self-motivated and able to work independently. This individual will be highly curious and energized by working in an area of emerging science, medicine and technology, and will bring a strong understanding of the healthcare and biopharma media landscape and its influencers.
S/he will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be fluent in social and digital communications engagement and strategy, have experience working with media and developing communications materials, and be comfortable working with corporate and program teams across a complex organization and multiple sites. This individual will also help support internal communications initiatives and employee engagement programs. Previous experience and focus on corporate social responsibility, sustainability and community outreach is preferred.
The role will be based in Cambridge, MA and will report to the Head of Corporate Communications.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Support ongoing corporate communications programs and initiatives, building visibility for Moderna's research and development efforts, pipeline programs, innovation and scientific advances.
- Assist with the development of external communications strategy and planning, engaging directly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop corporate communications materials and messaging, and provide research and insights to support communications strategy.
- Work with agency partners to develop media relations and social media plans aligned with external communications strategies and objectives.
- Manage editorial and content calendars to ensure smooth timelines for development and approval processes.
- Help maintain the company website and other digital and social media channels.
- Support speaking opportunities and presentations (both internal and external) including conferences and medical/patient organization meetings.
- Provide ongoing news monitoring and updates on core industry and company issues. Anticipate, prepare for and help manage media issues with the press.
- Support the development of ads and other promotional content.
- Work with key industry, technology and business partners and collaborators in developing opportunities for joint engagement.
- Support town halls and other internal programs and employee initiatives.
- Work with internal groups to drive company education, diversity and inclusion programs, sustainability efforts, and community outreach and engagement.
- Help ensure alignment between internal and external communications messaging by partnering with other communications leaders.
Here's What You'll Bring To The Table:
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications - either in-house or working with corporate clients for a communications agency. Biotech/pharma experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- A deep interest in emerging science and innovation.
- A high level of initiative, a strong work ethic, creativity and the ability to balance multiple assignments.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and engage with senior leaders.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented and problem-solving approach to challenges as well as being open-minded to new ideas and approaches.
- An understanding of drug development, biology or health technology is required.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- The personification of Moderna's values of being Bold, Curious, Collaborative and Relentless.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.