Co-Op, In Vitro Biology
This position in the In Vitro Biology Department will involve performance of mammalian cell culture, cell based assay development and fluorescence microscopy projects to investigate the cellular uptake, subcellular distribution, intracellular trafficking kinetics and stability of our drug products in cellular models.
Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics and Biology majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Maintain cell lines and perform cell culture work.
- Design and carry out cell biology assays.
- Perform live cell imaging and data analysis.
- Identify and evaluate new receptors that mediate drug product uptake.
- Prepare presentations to summarize the results.
- Provide input and participate in team/department meetings.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4.
- Currently enrolled Junior or Senior.
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred.
- Previous exposure to cell biology, cell culture and microscopy is preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable la