(Contract) Sr. Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
The Moderna Oncology team is looking for a talented and motivated in vivo pharmacologist to focus on validating new mRNA based therapies in cancer. The successful candidate will primarily work with in vivo tumor models and be responsible for validating the in vivo pharmacology and therapeutic utility of novel mRNA therapeutics. Applicants should be great team members and have a track record of independent research accomplishments. The ability to effectively communicate with internal team members is required.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Perform and/or take lead on routine in vivo pharmacology studies (including tumor growth kinetics, tolerability, anti-tumor efficacy, formulations screens, in vivo expression, biodistribution, and pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies)
- Organize and perform all tasks associated with routine in vivo pharmacology studies (including tissue culture, preparation and identification, implantation of cancer cells/materials, preparation of test articles, dose administration and necropsy and tissue collection for downstream processing).
- Develop new mouse models of cancer to test various messenger RNA therapeutics
- Study data collection with StudyLog and analysis with GraphPad Prism software
- Matrix with internal teams on initial testing of mRNAs
- Adhere to all Moderna IACUC protocols, policies and guidelines
- Deliver reproducible results under aggressive timelines
- Independently organize experiments
- Analyze, interpret and present data
- Faithfully document scientific work; contribute to reports and presentations
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- B.S. in a biological science with >2 years relevant full-time hands on in vivo experience; M.S. with >1 year relevant full-time hands on in vivo experience
- Solid background in tumor biology and pharmacology
- Expertise in the following:
- Pharmacological agent administration via iTu, IV, IP, SC, IM and PO dosing routes
- Implantation of cancer cell lines and tumor-derived material in SC space
- Collection of serum/plasma/whole blood, tissues, primary tumor material and metastases
- Mouse anesthesia/analgesia
- Animal surgeries
- Whole animal and ex vivo imaging
- Tissue/cell culture expertise:
- Cell passaging, archiving for implant
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Readily adapt to change and new projects
- Expertise in the following:
- Development of advanced local, systemic, disseminated, or orthotopic syngeneic tumor models
- Expertise in performing anti-tumor efficacy and PK/PD studies across multiple syngeneic tumor models
- Experience working with patient-derived xenografts
- Bioluminescent/fluorescence imaging using an IVIS Spectrum In Vivo Imaging System and Living Image software
- Advanced necropsy and tissue collection
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.