postdoctoral research fellow in the field of Chemistry, Process engineering or Environmental science
To strengthen our team in the division “Contaminant transfer and environmental technologies” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting at the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
in the field of Chemistry, Process engineering or Environmental sciences
Salary group 13 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing is a senior scientific and technical federal institute which is based in Berlin. As a departmental research institute of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, we conduct research and testing, and provide counselling on how to protect people, the environment and material goods. The focus on our activities in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry is the technical safety of products and processes.
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
Materials and products interact with the environment over the complete life cycle (production, use, disposal). Our division studies the transfer of contaminants into the environment.
Tasks of the position are:
- Research and development in the area of contaminant transfer of waste and secondary raw materials to soil and groundwater
- Further development of experimental methods for investigating the transfer of pollutants and the environmental compatibility of materials and products, in particular secondary raw materials from recycling processes
- Development of remediation processes for emerging pollutants
- Investigations on the degradation of contaminants with highly sensitive analytical methods in cooperation with other departments of BAM
- Acquisition and processing of externally funded research projects as well as independent development of new research topics and establishment of research cooperation’s
- Supervision of young scientists
- University degree in chemistry, process engineering or environmental sciences with at least a very good doctorate
- Extensive knowledge in the field of contaminant transfer and environmental analysis
- Proof of successful third-party funding, project leading, scientific - peer-reviewed - publications and supervising young scientists
- High level of written and spoken German, as well as English
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 2018-10-05, quoting the reference number 157/18-4.3. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Simon will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1430 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.