(Contract) Principal Research Associate, Drug Product, Process Sciences
We seek a skilled and motivated scientist to work in a tight-knit team developing mRNA formulations and scaled processes. The selected candidate will contribute to a portfolio of scientific initiatives with the goal of elucidating fundamental principles behind the assembly, purification, and stabilization of mRNA delivery systems. We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for science. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with strengths in experimental design and execution. Previous experience with lipid nanoparticles (LNPs), tangential flow filtration, and chemical/biophysical characterization of nanoparticles is preferred. The position will support cross-functional teams across CMC, Research and Development, Production, and Drug Product Analytical Development. This role is for six months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and execute experiments that advance fundamental understanding of mRNA lipid nanoparticle synthesis and stabilization.
- Evaluate and scale existing and novel process modes.
- Characterize nanoparticle physicochemical properties through collaboration with the Drug Product Analytical team.
- Analyze, interpret, and document experimental data and communicate outcomes to the Drug Product team and stakeholders.
- Collect and share relevant academic literature, leverage external consultants/SMEs, and establish new collaborations with internal groups.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field with 2-5 years or MS with 0-2 years of industry experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology development.
- Experience in the development of nanoparticle products and processes.
- Preferred: experience with lipid nanoparticle (LNP) preparation and optimization. Experience with tangential flow filtration.
- Experience with chemical and biophysical characterization tools for drug delivery systems.
- Motivated, detail oriented, and shows a passion for science.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable in collaborations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate progress and challenges.
- Driven to complete assignments.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.