Post Doctoral Fellow
This is a grant-funded, one year term position with the option of renewal at Bentley’s discretion.
The Center's mission is to accelerate the process by which scientific discoveries are translated to create public value. Specifically, the Center's research focuses on developing an integrated understanding of the ecosystem for biomedical innovation, focused on the synergistic roles of science and business in developing successful products and companies. Fellows with a background in biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences will have the opportunity to learn principles of business, finance, and public policy, as well as their impact on the efficiency of translational science. Fellows will also have the opportunity to learn advanced analytical skills including the use of statistical analysis, analytical modeling, data visualization, natural language processing, and machine learning.
The Center anticipates the availability of several positions becoming available in 2017-2018. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
This fellowship is particularly appropriate for individuals exploring a transition from biomedical science to a career in industry or consulting.
Please visit http://www.bentley.edu for more information about Bentley University and www.bentley.edu/sciindustry for more information about the Center for Integration of Science and Industry.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow carries out a research program under the guidance of a faculty member. The research and responsibilities include:
- Conducting a research program focused on the basic science, clinical development, business models, finance, and polities essential for successful translational science.
- Authoring manuscripts in peer reviewed journals and representing the Center’s research at scientific and industry meetings.
Supervise graduate and undergraduate student researchers.
Candidates should have a doctorate degree, or equivalent terminal degree, in a relevant field of biomedical science, bioinformatics, biochemistry, or pharmaceutical science.
- Applicants with professional interest in business or policy are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals must be proficient in routine computer applications, such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and have familiarity with common statistical methods.
- Applicants with working knowledge of programming/scripting languages (SQL, R, or Python), visualization platforms (Tableau), or cloud computing (AWS) are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals with industry experience, and those exploring a transition from biomedical science to careers in the biopharmaceutical industry, consulting, or investment are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply to this position, please submit an online application directly at: https://bentley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/staff/job/Bentley-Campus/Post-Doctoral-Fellow_R0000061