(Contract) Technician II, Quality Control, Microbiology
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Quality Control, the Quality Control Microbiology Technician will support the environmental monitoring program for the GMP manufacturing areas, including data entry and supporting investigations. The individual will act as interdepartmental liaison to various groups including Manufacturing and Quality Assurance in support of products manufactured at Moderna's manufacturing facility. This position will be for 6 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Performs environmental monitoring and water sampling in the GMP manufacturing areas
- May perform water testing including bioburden, endotoxin, TOC and conductivity methods
- Supports investigations for Alert/Action excursions, OOS and other non-conforming results
- Performs data trending and analysis
- Assist with laboratory housekeeping activities
- May support projects as required
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years in a cGMP laboratory with focus in microbiology. BS Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of cleanroom environments and aseptic technique preferred
- Experience with environmental monitoring and water testing preferred
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks independently
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.