Principal Research Associate, Non-clinical Sciences
The Nonclinical Sciences team at Moderna is looking for an agile, high-performing, and broadly-skilled individual to contribute to successful execution of both discovery and development programs. The majority of this work will be done in collaboration with internal partners and executed at external contract research organizations (CROs). The successful candidate will be able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent work streams with a positive and collaborative mentality and with the ability to manage workload to meet project timelines.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with toxicologists to execute and manage outsourced studies
- Collaborate with internal partners from different functional groups at Moderna (e.g. New Venture Labs, Drug Product & Analytical Development, Therapeutic Areas, Finance)
- Manage relationships with contract research organizations
- Manage protocol and report review, including coordination and execution of protocol and report review meetings
- Manage documentation related to managed studies (e.g. quotes, POs, protocols, data, reports)
- Review and QC of nonclinical toxicology, pathology, and DMPK data and reports
- Collaborate and provide input cross-functionally on best laboratory practices, assay development and execution
- Establish best practices for vendor management and oversight
- Manage multi-factorial and fluid timelines
- Travel up to 10% (domestic and/or international)
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Life sciences degree with at least 5+ years of pharmaceutical nonclinical study execution and management experience, with experience and knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices
- CRO experience (e.g. study coordinator, data coordinator, study director, study technician)
- Pharma/biotech experience (e.g. study monitoring, scientific project management, nonclinical in vivo management)
- Very high proficiency with Windows-based applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Successful candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass, or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
- We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale, and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
- Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
- We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.