Co-Op, Research, Rare Disease
This position will work in the rare disease department. The co-op will use our mRNA products to demonstrate expression and activity of therapeutic proteins in relevant disease models. Biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, and related majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Work on a personal project that is important to Moderna's mission.
- Be supported by a mentor who will provide a unique perspective on projects and careers.
- Have the opportunity to participate in the discovery and/or development of novel therapies for diseases.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Currently Enrolled Junior or Senior
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent
- Experience in tissue culture and cell transfection preferred
- Experience in protein detection methods (Western blot, capillary electrophoresis, MSD, ELISA) preferred
- Experience in PCR and subcellular fractionation/isolation preferred
- Experience in assay development preferred
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
**Please note, for our co-op and internship positions, we can only consider candidates who are currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school program.