Co-Op, Process Innovation
This co-op student will work in the Process Innovation group to develop and test novel nucleic acid constructs for use in various interdepartmental projects. This role requires interest in and basic understanding of RNA, DNA, and the principles of molecular biology. A successful candidate will be inquisitive about the science and capable of problem solving by consulting literature and colleagues and designing experiments to test hypotheses. Students majoring in chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology, or related majors are encouraged to apply.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and test novel nucleic acid constructs
- Conduct experiments to develop and validate process improvements
- Collaborate with other Moderna researchers to execute cross-functional projects
- Communicate scientific findings to colleagues and collaborators in formal and informal settings
- Accurately record laboratory activities in an electronic lab notebook
- Follow Moderna's policies to ensure laboratory safety
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Currently Enrolled Junior or Senior
- Previous co-op or intern experience preferred
- Prior laboratory experience handling RNA/DNA is preferred
- Desirable skills include PCR, in vitro transcription, cloning, and RNA/DNA purification
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.