Co-Op, Process Innovation/ Nucleic Acid Sciences
We're looking for co-op to help us explore the frontiers of mRNA science. This co-op will assist in the design of novel nucleic acid systems and will evaluate their effect on mRNA potency in cell- and animal-based assays. The position will be very collaborative. An ideal candidate will work effectively and amicably alongside a diverse set of scientists. Process Innovation does exploratory science and, thus, an ideal candidate will respond to challenges with persistence and determination. Ultimately, we are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and creative but who can also work through difficult problems with diligence and persistence.
**Please note, for our co-op and internship positions, we can only consider candidates who are currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school program.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Make, purify, handle, and analyze mRNA
- Prepare libraries for next-gen sequencing
- Learn about RNA chemistry/biology and RNA structure/function
- Design novel nucleic acid systems
- Evaluate these systems in various assays
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- GPA is unimportant for this role but you MUST be a fast learner and have good ‘lab hands'
- Must be adventurous, eager, and have a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable working with diverse personalities
- Previous experience with nucleic acids is preferred.
- Previous co-op or intern experience highly preferred.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Healthcare coverage includes medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Accrued paid vacation
Why join Moderna?
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.