AFFINITY SELECTION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
AFFINITY SELECTION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
Job # PHA001471
Our organization is seeking a talented and highly motivated Director to join the Screening & Compound Profiling Group at our research site in New Jersey. This position requires detailed knowledge and extensive experience in the application of affinity technology's, such as mRNA-Display, DNA-encoded library's and AS/MS, to tool & lead generation. The incumbent will provide leadership and direction ensuring that affinity technology's complement and synergize with existing HTS capabilities as part of a multi-dimensional lead discovery strategy. In addition, the successful applicant will serve as a key interface with Discovery programs across our organization, partnering closely with colleagues in disease area biology, medicinal chemistry, in vitro pharmacology & DMPK. Expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology is required, as is experience managing other scientists.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience, with at least 5 years dedicated to mRNA-Display, DNA-encoded libraries and/or AS/MS.
- A proven track record of drug discovery and/or biochemistry/molecular biology.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills in a team environment.
- Experience with training of team members in a drug discovery environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Track record of building affinity platforms such as mRNA-Display, DNA-encoded library technology's and/or AS/MS.
- Experience managing technology portfolio's through close collaboration with colleagues across the Discovery organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external organization(s) to deliver on objectives.
- Broad experience in Molecular Biology & Protein Biochemistry, especially affinity purification methods for soluble & membrane proteins.
- Extensive Experience in the application of biochemical, biophysical and cell-based techniques to support hit validation and assess mechanism of action.
- Previous experience in a Lead Discovery enterprise, with an appreciation for the interplay of complementary technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven track record in managing complex workflows.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition #PHA001471 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.