- Title: Postdoctoral Associate/Fellow
- Location: Departments of Medicine (Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Unit) and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Date Available: 9/01/2018
- Responsibilities: A postdoctoral fellowship is available in a joint project within the Departments of Medicine (Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine) and Pathology at the University of Vermont, Larner College of Medicine Burlington, VT, USA. This project evaluates the mitochondrial redox based mechanisms and its impact on epithelial cell metabolism in obese allergic asthma. This project also explores the translational potential of mitochondrial redox based therapeutics in humans. Topics of major interest include measurement of mitochondrial ROS (mROS), alterations in metabolome, development of markers of mROS in obese asthmatics, and elucidation of mechanisms of mROS induced inflammation in various transgenic mouse models of obese allergic airway disease. Our ability to work at the interface of basic airway epithelial cell biology, genetics and therapeutic application is strongly supported by the research and clinical infrastructure of the University of Vermont medical center and Vermont Lung center.
- Qualifications: The candidate must have recently received a Ph.D. or MD/PhD degree in the area of lung diseases or immunology or immune-metabolism, be highly motivated and well versed in basic molecular biology, cell biology and biochemical techniques. Previous scientific publications in the English-language is essential.
- EOE/AA Statement: The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
- Application Procedure: Send letter of application and curriculum vitae to Anne Dixon, MD at Anne.Dixon@med.uvm.edu and Vikas Anathy, PhD at Vikas.Anathy@med.uvm.edu.
- Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply for Postdoctoral Associate/Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly