Faculty Positions Available at Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen (HITSZ)
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), which is under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, is a national key university offers specializations in science, engineering, management and many other fields. It is a member of the C9 League and also the first universities to be part of Project 985 and one in list of “Double First-Class” University project.
In the engineering field, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 in the world according to US NEWS 2018. What is more, according to ARWU 2017, HIT ranked No.7 in China, top 200 in the world. In the same year, HIT ranked ESI top 1/10000 in the world, in China only three universities have ESI top 1/10000 disciplines in the world, and HIT is one of them.
Together with the Shenzhen Municipal Government, HIT created Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen (HITSZ), which was established in 2002 as HIT Shenzhen Graduate School and currently serves as a key campus of HIT.  It is the first university in Shenzhen which belong to C9 League member, also in the list of Project 985 and “Double First-Class” University project which starts to enroll undergraduate students.
Shenzhen is a city born to innovate, Shenzhen has become a frontrunner in promoting innovation-driven development when China's economy steps into the new normal. Shenzhen is now widely known as a ‘City of Makers’ and a ‘City of Innovation.’ With a brand-new look, HITSZ will follow the HIT tradition, keep on the philosophy of high starting point, high standard to attract more international excellent talents and carries forward the Shenzhen spirit to serve as a contributor to national and regional economic and social development.
For more details, please refer to www.hitsz.edu.cn.
Fields Open for Recruitment:
(1) Computer Science and Technology
(2) Electronic Science and Technology
(3) Materials Science and Engineering
(4) Control Science and Engineering
(5) Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
(8) Practical Economics
(9) Business Administration
(10) Civil Engineering
(11) Mechanical Engineering
(13) Space Science and Technology
(14) Information and Communication Engineering
(15) Environmental Science and Engineering
(16) Management Science and Engineering
(17) Biomedical Engineering
(24) Marine Science
(25)Aeronautical and Astronautical Science and Technology
(26) Urban and Rural Planning
Qualifications and Requirements:
（1）Ph.D. completed in a related field before the start of employment.
（2）Overseas working experience or postdoctoral training is preferred.
（3）All strong candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
(1) Applicants will be appointed as ‘Professor’、‘Associate Professor’ or‘Assistant Professor’ according to their qualifications and backgrounds.
(2) Salary: approximately from 300 thousands to 1.5 million.
(3) Research funds will be provided according to different positions and subjects.
(4) Applicants could apply for high-level talents allowance in Shenzhen (approximately from 1.6 million to 3 million), or rent teachers’ welfare house, the rent is lower than the market price.
Each application must include the following documents:
(1) Application Form for Faculty Position (the form could be downloaded from website: http://www.hitsz.edu.cn/job/view/2.html; applicants should indicate their main research area to facilitate the application process).
(2) A cover letter including three parts: (1)self-introduction (explaining why the applicant should be considered for the job), (2)the expected contribution to the School based in terms of research, and (3)future work plan, if hired.
(3) Three Letters of Recommendation
(4) Electronic copy of supporting documents (diploma, achievements, list of publications, etc.)
Application materials should be sent to YANG Zhixi at: email@example.com .
Ms. YANG Zhixi
Human Resources Department
Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen