Senior Life Scientist at NIH
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Senior Life Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
The successful applicants should have a background in any of the following areas: Neuroscience, RNA biology, genomics, epigenetics, chromatin, animal models (mouse or Drosophila), transcription, and translation. The main project is to study a newly identified dual-activity topoisomerase complex that can solve topological stress for both DNA and RNA; and is crucial for regulating gene expression and maintaining genome stability in neurodevelopment and prevention of mental disorders, including schizophrenia, autism, and Fragile X mental retardation syndrome (Nat. Neuroscience, 2013, Aug 4; highlighted in Nature).
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) year of experience in a related field.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication.