Postdoctoral Fellow - Immuno-Oncology
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research.City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 14562
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow- Immuno-Oncology
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
A Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity is immediately available at City of Hope Beckman Research Institute to develop and characterize pre-clinical cancer stem cell (CSC) models. These models will aid in the discovery of promising CSC targets and evaluation of treatment strategies. The long-term goal of these pre-clinical studies will be to provide supporting data for the potential clinical translation of novel, effective therapeutic approaches.
For more information aboutDr. Manuel's research, please click here.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot;
- Strong command of the English language with the capacity to write and speak scientifically;
- Should be self-motivated, productive, and require little to no supervision once trained.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Ph.D. in oncology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, or virology with experience in cancer;
- Experience in flow cytometry;
- Mouse handling with proficiency in different routes of injection.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.