(Contract) Associate II, Quality Control
Moderna is seeking a Quality Control Associate I/II for a position based at their Norwood, MA site. The individual in this role will provide routine laboratory support for bioassay testing of mRNA material that is manufactured in the Preclinical manufacturing suite. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new techniques and the drive to be a part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team. He/she will participate in troubleshooting assays and equipment and may support QC related investigations.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Performs routine bioassay testing of mRNA material
- Performs data analysis and data entry
- Establish and follow written procedures for assays and data analysis
- Supports investigations for Preclinical QC
- Performs general laboratory support activities including general equipment maintenance and housekeeping
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna safety procedures and guidelines
- Supports assay transfers and special projects as assigned.
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment.
- Write/revise SOPs, protocols and reports
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline (0-2 yrs)
- Minimum experience required: 1+ years in a laboratory setting
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Preferred Experience running ELISA's and Western blot
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.