Product Manager-Connected Care
The Lilly Innovation Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts allows Lilly to explore how next generation therapeutic ecosystems, connected solutions, and data analytics can improve patient health while reducing the clinical, psychosocial and economic burden that is systemic throughout healthcare today. Our team in Cambridge shares a passion for challenging conventional wisdom and creating an environment that embraces prioritizing high-risk, breakthrough concepts. The center provides a start-up environment with large company support. We are located in the core of Massachusetts's exploding science and technology cluster, walking distance to some of the best academic and industry innovators in the world. The center has been designed to cultivate drug, device and technology research across all of Lilly's therapeutic
Do you seek an opportunity to use your technical expertise, Agile experience, and exemplary collaborative skill to work with teams across clinical, engineering, marketing, and commercial disciplines to deliver innovative out-of-the-box solutions that balance timeline, budget, and customer needs? Does your thirst for knowledge, creativity, and a deeply imbedded desire to deliver solutions, you will turn ideas and visions into commercial products that change people's lives? As a Product Manager for Connected Care, you will take part in shaping the product evolution of innovative software solutions that generate insights to improve patient care through disease detection, diagnosis, progression, and treatment support. Through connected sensing, you will help bring a voice and story to the patient's journey. To accomplish this amazing journey, you will:
- Act as a product release leader working closely with the execution teams to deliver product functionality that meets the needs of the business by coordinating with business partners on product vision, road-map and growth opportunities. As such, you will be providing direction and elaboration to the Agile development team and partners throughout the development lifecycle.
- Exercise your background in backlog grooming and requirements management to ensure that the engineering team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks from iteration planning and execution.
- Work closely with engineering, medical, clinical, IT, and therapeutic area subject matter experts to assess relative value of needs, develop cases, and prioritize User stories, use cases,epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with market needs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and statisticians to make sense of large physiological sensor data sets, utilizing elegant data visualization strategies to uncover new insights and communicate value to the business. Translate findings to actionable specifications and development direction for sensors, algorithms, and integrated open- and closed-loop systems
- Work closely with Project Manager and technical team(s) to build and maintain a product backlog according to business value or return on investment
- Lead the requirements gathering process as well as product release planning with all relevant Partners and Subject Matter Experts
- Mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep up to date with Agile/Scrum methodologies and new trends
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience as a Product Owner (4 + years)
- Experience working in a regulated software development environment
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Previous Healthcare and domain experience preferred
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. Here are a few of the recognitions Lilly has earned for creating an outstanding work environment:
- Business Week magazine 50 Best Places to Launch a Career
- Black Enterprise 2018 list of 50 Best Companies for Diversity
- FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities
- Human Right Campaign Corporate Equality Index - 100% score
Travel is part of job, usually 10-15% but up to ~30% of time. Must be able to travel within US and OUS.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.