Faculty Open Rank-Physician Scientist
The Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center is recruiting outstanding physician scientists (MD or MD-PhD) for a tenure or tenure-track appointment. We are seeking researchers who have demonstrated exceptional ability, creativity and productivity in original research to join a dynamic community of world-class scientists and clinicians engaged in diverse areas of cancer biology including genetics, immunology, systems biology and precision medicine. Generous start-up funds, space and mentorship will be provided.
Applicants should provide a summary of their scientific accomplishments and a description of their scientific vision, emphasizing one or more major unsolved problems in their field and how they plan to solve them.
All applicants must have a MD or MD-PhD, or equivalent degree. In addition, applicants must have a strong record of research productivity, strong potential to lead an independent research program and be board certified or eligible in their respective discipline.
• Curriculum Vitae (five pages maximum)
• Statement of Research with description of significant research accomplishments and future research plans (four pages maximum)
• Minimum of three (maximum of five) letters of references
Completed applications, including the research statement, curriculum vitae, PDF copies or links for three reprints and contact information for the references must be submitted online via the following website: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65495
Consideration of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Cell Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Genetics Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Immunology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Cancer Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City