Postdoctoral Position available in Microbiology, Genomics, and Computational Biology
Postdoctoral position available in Microbiology, Genomics, and Computational Biology
Postdoctoral Scholar position available for highly motivated candidates to join the Department of Emergency Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine starting in Fall 2019 to develop and translate advanced molecular diagnostic tools and companion data analytics for rapid, broad pathogen characterization.
- Ph.D. degree with microbiology,genomics, or bioinformatics/computational biology required.
- Prior training or degree received from US/UK/Canadianacademic institution required.
- Knowledge and experience with various bioinformatic and biostatistical analysis tools are required.
- Relevant prior hands-on experience in state-of-the-art methods such as Next Generation Sequencing (RNASeq, etc.) and its data analysis, array-based miRNA/gene expression analysis, and non-coding RNA work will be given preference
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills, a solid record of peer-reviewed publications, commitment to drive scientific projects, motivation for high impact, high quality research, ability to work closely with an interdisciplinary research team.
- Applicants must be able to learn and develop new skills as required for the studies. Ability to work independently is expected.
Stanford University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send email to Dr. Samuel Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.