Group Leader, NGS Molecular Diagnostics Development
MDSeq Inc, a privately funded molecular diagnostics startup located in Union, NJ, is inviting applications for the position of Group Leader, NGS Molecular Diagnostics Development, at the level of Lead Scientist or Senior Scientist II.
If you are considering a move from academia to industry, but feel uncomfortable with rigid hierarchies of large companies; or if you are already in the industry, but would prefer to have more of an impact and greater control over the direction of your work; if you are driven and prepared to work in a dynamic startup environment; creative yet systematic; and enjoy inventing and developing high-impact, innovative experimental methods, this may be the right opportunity for you.
At MDSeq Inc, you will take a leading role in the development of new, ultrasensitive NGS-based molecular diagnostics methods (liquid biopsy for oncology; also non-oncology indications) based on a technology invented at New York University.
You will be a key contributor to directing the technological evolution of the company; you will be solving challenging scientific and technical problems, develop methods for addressing vitally important clinical questions, and collaborate with clinical researchers working on novel therapeutics and methods of disease screening and prevention. Publications will be required. You will lead the hiring of your team members, immediately starting with a technician / associate scientist.
The necessary background includes:
- a minimum of 4 years postdoctoral (or equivalent industry) experience in molecular oncology or related area, developing and using custom experimental protocols on the Illumina sequencing platform;
- broad knowledge, and hands-on mastery, of in vitro molecular biology methods;
- patents, first-author publications, or equivalent record of key technological contributions to molecular genomics projects involving the development of new methods (or substantial modifications to prior methods);
- fluency in designing large-scale molecular genomics experiments, including structured multiparameter method optimization and performance assessment, analytical validation, and quality control of NGS-based methods of molecular genomics;
- experience planning and conducting non-trivial projects, collaborating with peers and directing the work of junior associates;
- good understanding of the informatics of interpreting NGS results, but not necessarily hands-on informatics proficiency.
Would be useful: experience with molecular diagnostics of cancer (mutation detection or epigenetics analysis), and familiarity with high-throughput environments using laboratory automation.
You will work in a well-equipped laboratory in a Class A research building at a beautiful location on a university campus.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and two weeks of paid vacation. The position qualifies for participation in the company stock options plan.
The Union, NJ location permits a convenient commute from metro New York area and northern or central New Jersey; local candidates are preferred but relocation assistance is available.
Principals only please; submissions from recruiters will not be considered. Unrestricted authorization for work in the US is required.
Apply for Group Leader, NGS Molecular Diagnostics Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly