Associate Director/ Director, Medical Affairs- HEOR
Associate Director/ Director, Medical Affairs- HEOR
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position
The incumbent is an experienced, well organized professional who will develop, implement and manage health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) strategies and tactics to demonstrate the value of pipeline and inline products in multiple therapeutic areas.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a 3 year HEOR Global Medical Affairs Plan (GMAP) and outline strategic approach for generating required evidence and research output necessary to support Medical Plan of Action (POA) plans
• Lead, develop and ensure the execution of the HEOR medical strategy and activities to demonstrate the value of Gilead products
• Research activities can include cost-of-illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, naturalistic prospective evaluations, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modeling
• Provide high quality HEOR technical and methodological support to cross-functional teams to effectively use clinical, economic, and humanistic data to enhance value propositions, product reimbursement, and formulary access
• Maintain awareness of the quickly evolving global reimbursement landscape and the evidentiary needs of health care decision-makers to guide HEOR strategies
• Collaborate with R&D, Commercial Planning, Managed Markets/Market Access to assess data gap and to provide input on HEOR (clinical, economic, patient-reported outcomes) endpoints with Phase II/III/IV clinical trials
• Develop HEOR communications (e.g., manuscripts, scientific forum presentations, slide decks) and build the peer reviewed published evidence supporting the value propositions for the assigned products
• Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge of technical and methodological advances and trends to ensure best approaches are used in HEOR studies and evaluations
• Engage key clinical and HEOR experts and facilitate the building of relationships via collaboration on various projects. Provide HEOR support at advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings
• Support the development, deployment, and appropriate use of Managed Care Medical Scientists field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks) and ensure correct positioning and relevant messaging in these tools to optimize access
• Adhere to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
• Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, and excellence
• Knowledge of HIV, HCV/HBVis preferred
• Advanced scientific degree (Pharm D., M.D., D.O., Ph.D.) with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care experience, and 5+years of experience in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)
• Strong knowledge of HEOR assessments (cost-effectiveness, budgetary impact, cost-utility analyses, prospective studies, database analysis, PRO development)
• Experience in developing value dossiers and AMCP dossiers
• Ability to prepare HEOR abstracts for conferences and experience drafting, reviewing, and editing manuscripts
• A comprehensive understanding of US/global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/public policy decision-making
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network)
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including management of multiple priorities and resources
• Proven track record of executing clearly defined goals and objectives
• Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, and key health technology assessment customers
• Thorough knowledge of the managed markets and disease management preferred
• Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Advanced degree (i.e. MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, NP/PA) required
• Relevant experience must include at least 10 years clinical practice experience
• Clinical practice experience within therapeutic area of interest is highly preferred
• Industry experience preferred
• People management experience is highly preferred for managers
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the‘EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1278335