Sr./Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Research
Moderna Oncology is seeking a talented, experienced and motivated Scientist with experience in immunology and cancer biology. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for advancing therapeutic candidates from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. The candidate will design and execute experiments to validate new cancer immunotherapy targets, present results internally and externally. The ability to effectively communicate across internal multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners is required. Applicants should be outstanding scientists, collaborative team members and terrific communicators.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and validate novel immunotherapy candidates in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo model systems. Interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data. Propose novel targets aligned with scientific strategy and capabilities
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the Moderna ecosystem, collaborators and CROs to progress candidates from Discovery through IND-enabling studies
- Maintain expertise in the field of immuno-oncology biology including therapeutic developments, biomarker discovery and patient outcomes, through keeping abreast of literature, attending relevant meetings, and liaison with external experts in the field
- Manage multiple experiments/projects and interaction with supporting functions.
- Provide scientific and technical support for multidisciplinary project teams.
- Prepare documents and present strategy, results, project updates, and summaries
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Exceptional PhD with expertise in immunology and oncology is required. Knowledge of myeloid malignancies and leukemias is a plus
- Experience in in vitro screening and validation assays in cancer immunotherapy such as T cell biology, cytokine assessment, immune cell isolation and characterization is required; experience in in vivo cancer models such as murine syngeneic tumor/ leukemia models, patient-derived xenografts is desirable
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology (e.g. cell culture, transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA and flow cytometry) is necessary
- Proven track record of high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or cancer immunology
- The ability to work in a cross-functional work environment is critical; strong leadership skills and independence skills are expected
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.Our Mission:
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.