(Contract) Technician II
Moderna is seeking a Technician II, for Preclinical operations on second shift. This role is based in Norwood, MA and will report to the Preclinical Production Coordinator. The individual will be accountable for all materials and final product handling within the Preclinical suites. They must have a background in material handling, shipping/receiving preparation and aliquoting product. This role will be responsible for receiving raw material, inventory management, following set procedures. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team. Second shift is 2:30pm-10:30pm.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Receiving goods and materials, inspection and distribution of goods, materials, supplies and/or products ensuring accurate quantities and completing records.
- Utilize automated equipment to enable capacity and short turnaround time
- Labelling material according to the internal procedures
- Inventory handling- preparing shipments, aliquoting product to fulfill orders and purging expired materials
- Inventory control- document all transactions/movements and perform physical inventory checks/reconciliations
- Responsible for- proper storage of raw materials and consumables, label printing, cycle counting, maintaining required logs, records
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication to facilitate and maximize performance
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Warehouse Operations, BS/BA Degree preferred
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced operation at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP environment
- Work on feet up to 100% of the time. Comfortable lifting and moving products, up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-man lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Customer focused attitude
- Aptitude to collaborate with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.