Science Team Leader - Meat Quality
Palmerston North, New Zealand
The role and opportunity
AgResearch's Food and Bio based products group have recently experienced a great deal of growth and, due to this, are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Science Team Leader to join the Meat Quality team in Palmerston North.
Reporting to the Science Group Leader you will lead a team managing science research and projects to deliver high quality scientific and commercial outputs. This opportunity would suit an experienced and reputable scientist, well connected with industry stakeholders, that has a sound understanding of the challenges currently faced by NZ food producers, processors and regulators.
What you will be doing
- Leading an engaged and high performing team to deliver group strategy/ roadmap.
- Identifying new opportunities in R&D and delivering high quality scientific research within budget.
- Contributing to and leading the development of successful funding proposals that attract significant revenue and offer solutions to existing and new customers.
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Contributing to the advancement of scientific knowledge by actively participating in industry events and staying active in the wider pastoral and food assurance research communities.
- Demonstrating science credibility by publishing research in world leading publications
- Coaching and leading a passionate and motivated team, creating a positive culture and supporting the professional development of employees to achieve performance objectives.
Your ideal background
- PhD degree that includes at least 10 years of research work relevant to food or meat sciences.
- Knowledge and in-depth expertise in meat science with an international reputation.
- Proven track-record providing thought leadership and innovative solutions in the agricultural and food sectors.
- Noteworthy peer-reviewed publication record.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today via www.agresearchcareers.co.nz with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position. For a confidential discussion, contact Jolon Dyer, Science Group Leader on +64 212 718 619.
Applications close Monday 10th September 2018.